[asterisk-ha-clustering] ser/openser to load balance asterisk

pop al popescualex2xxx at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 12:23:17 CDT 2008

hi,

First, I am not sure what do you mean.

1. you hav 2 * , one at customer A, and another on
customer B.
2. They have the same extention range (100-110)
3. You have customer with different accountcodes.

Do I undestent it correctly until now ?

My questions are ?

1. Do the 2 *'s communicate between each other ? (or
need to communicate)
2. The third * that you want to add, where it stands ?
At customer A, B or another location ?
3. What do you want it to do ? Do you want all the
customers (from A and B) to register to this one, and
then this asterisk to route them to customer A or B ?
4. How is heartbeat (clustering) integrated in this ?

Sorry for all the questions, but I do not undestend
what do you mean.

Alex.

--- ronald ramos <ronramos1004 at yahoo.com> wrote:

---------------------------------

hi,

actually i'm not really sure what the actual design
is, basically i want to build a multi-tenant pbx.

customer A can have local extensions 100 - 110
customer B can also have local extensions 100 - 110

but they have to register using an accountcode. e.g
Cust A is 1000 Cust B is 1001, so...

local ext 100 on Cust A will have a username: 1000100
local ext 100 on Cust B will have a username: 1000101

they will also have a different context, Cust A will
have [context-1000] B will have [context-1001]

those are working already, but now i need to add more
asterisk, with the same functionality, so the prob of
one user registering on asterisk 1 another user on
asterisk 2 i will try to solve using ser/openser.

if use ser/openser as a registrar, will i still be
able to have a same extension number on different
Customer?
Or what i should do is add 1000100 on ser/open and
also add 1000100 on asterisk and assign it on a
certain context, but i will register  on ser/openser?

sorry i'm really confused on how i can combine those
two, hope you understand what i meant.

regards,
ron

--- On Thu, 5/8/08, Mindaugas Kezys <mkezys at gmail.com>