[asterisk-ha-clustering] Load sharing between two asterisk servers

Allan Cassaro allan.cassaro at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 09:12:48 CST 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 11:58 AM, Julian J. M. <julianjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 9, 2008 2:07 PM, Allan Cassaro <allan.cassaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> > In this scenario, 2 servers working in active/Active way, how can I
> > pickup calls?
> > It's only possible to pickup calls on server that my phone is
> > registered, right? DUNDi can help with this?
> > I can create a extension to pickup and trasnfer calls between IAX channels?
>
> You can make use of regcontext (see sample sip.conf). Asterisk will
> dynamically create a priority 1 NoOp extension for registered peers.
> Example:
>
> sip.conf
> ======
> regcontext=extensions
>
> extensions.conf
> ===========
> [extensions]
> exten => _3XXX,2,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})  ; Note, priority 2
> include => dundi-lookup
>
> [dundi-lookup]
> switch => DUNDI/extensions
>

> If an extension is registered locally (e.g. 3000), there'll be a
> "exten => 3000,1,NoOp" in context [extensions]. It will continue on
> priority 2, thus ringing SIP/3000.
> If it's not registered, it will perform a DUNDi lookup to get the real
> location of the dialed extension, if any.
>
> Also, to simplify things, if you only have 2 servers, instead of dundi
> you can use the other server's dialplan through an IAX2 switch:
> switch => IAX2/user:pass at serverB/extensions

This is OK, but the Pickup() application works with DUNDi too!? If I
do a call pickup, asterisk/dundi will lookup on every node for ringing
extensions?
In some tests this doesn't work for me. The Pickup() application only
look localy for ringing (and hint) extensions...
You make tests with this scenario? You can pickup calls on remote nodes?!

Thanks.