[asterisk-ha-clustering] linux high availability

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 21:51:46 CST 2008

>  I have two servers and I want to build asterisk high availability system:
> with floating IP, configurations replications and so on (I don't want use
> realtime with mysql). So I need suggestions what programs to use (heartbeat
> and so on ) and what are results, is it works good?

I mocked up a lab with Ultra Monkey and Asterisk, was able to fail
over servers and still be able to make inbound outbound calls
immediately, maybe a second or two of delay.  This does drop any
active calls, but all SIP endpoint peers are always available.  You
need to have rsync to keep the Asterisk database and /voicemail
directory in sync.

It works and is not too difficult to setup.  Don't ask me how though,
I did it a few month ago just to see it working, but never implemented
it and i don't have it setup any longer.

JR
--
JR Richardson
Engineering for the Masses