[asterisk-ha-clustering] Asterisk HA in E1

Allan Cassaro allan.cassaro at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 13:04:54 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Anselmo Junior <afajunior at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'd like a help for make an HA Solution in asterisk
>
> I have 2 asterisk, each one have a card with 2 E1 PRI. When an asterisk
> fail, PSTN calls that was incoming from this asterisk, now have to go to
> other asterisk stand-by, like heartbeat... but not use a hardware like
> phoneBRIDGE, only E1 digium cards (T2xxP)
>
> This is possible? because a read about biocluster have support for ZAP
> channels, but the official site is down and i think if has an other cluster
> solution...

Well, if you want an "asterisk (software) only" fail back, yes, this
is possible. You can configure the "TDMoE" and "show" the E1 from one
machine to another one. But, this is not the best scenario, because
you need to fail back all asterisk (hardware) box, not only the
software.
I think the foneBridge is the best choice, or another gateway (3
asterisk box, 2 for cluster and one for gateway)...

Regards.