[asterisk-gui] Project status & submitting patches

Ryan Brindley ryan at 256labs.com
Mon May 14 11:18:17 CDT 2012

Hey Nathan,
Awk here (the old maintainer of the project that was active during that ticket time). I know it seems confusing, but there are two details that might help you understand what Digium did. First off, the issue was 'suspended'. During that time, Digiums' resources (aka, me, as I was the only active employee working on the GUI), was tied up in another project (of which I cannot speak). Instead of just not responded to the community, we decided to 'suspend' all current issues so they were at least informed of the lack of resources. The message about joining the IRC channels wasn't about that particular issue or to report issues there, but more generally about project involvement ("if you are interested in moving this project forward", we were looking for committers interested in helping maintain the project :) ).

The RC releases that you see are related to GUI branches/fixes from our ABE and AA50 edition of the GUI. To keep the open source versions in line with those version, we committed patches back to the open source branch and made releases in conjunction.

Anyway, hope this helps explain things a bit more. I'd love to see someone pick this back up and I might even throw some code around with you if time permits.

--
Ryan Brindley