[asterisk-gui] Testers Needed

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Fri May 6 08:27:17 CDT 2011

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Erin Spiceland <espiceland at digium.com> wrote:
>> Automated tests will not work as well/at all with the GUI as all the
>> logic is loaded into the browser session.
>
> Testing with a browser could be automated in Firefox and Chrome with GreaseMonkey and extensions.
>
> Erin

I have looked at and used the test suite (great work btw) and can't
imagine that it would be easy to use with the GUI.  For example 80% of
the issues Erin and I found the other day were visual.  I think our
biggest request would be for testers with Microsoft Internet Explorer
7+.

As an example, my stress test is to load 500 users with the bulk add,
apply, select all the users and change one setting...  then two, then
three until I get configuration file corruption that is reported in
ticket[1] on the issue tracker.  I also like to test each screen and
the often overlooked administration or "extra" screens.

As a side note.  The Google Talk configuration is very outdated in the GUI.

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=18268

--
~~~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com ~~~