[asterisk-gui] Asterisk-GUI installation results in 404

Richard Brady rnbrady at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 06:36:31 CDT 2011

> > I wanted to share my experience installing asterisk-gui 2.0 alongside
> > Asterisk 1.2.9 on Ubuntu 11.04.
>
> Asterisk 1.2.9 ? Maybe 1.6.2.9?

Yes! Sorry, 4am and the typing starts to slip.

Those packages set astdatadir to /usr/share/asterisk . But IIRC latest
> versions of the asterisk-gui can detect the version of astdatadir from
> Asterisk and should work just fine with it.

Aha! I think my problem was that I had installed Asterisk from the Ubuntu
repository which uses /usr/share/asterisk and then I had built Asterisk-GUI
from source which defaults to /var/lib/asterisk.

Good to hear that there will be auto-detect for install path. You must mean
latest trunk as I did use latest stable (branches/2.0).

Thanks for clarifying Tzafrir.

Richard