[asterisk-gui] Call Failed Audio

Deepika Nijhawan deepika.nijhawan at oxygen8.com
Tue Oct 12 08:53:18 CDT 2010

I posted on asterisk-users and they pointed me here.

Its not a dialplan problem. But issue with automated generated script of extensions.conf when using free pbx.

PBX is up and running and call are working fine.

Issue is to get right failure reason audio when calls fails. Whereas I am just getting ‘all circuits are busy’ as it is hardcoded in automated generated extensions.conf.

[macro-outisbusy]
exten => s,1,Playback(all-circuits-busy-now,noanswer)
exten => s,n,Playback(pls-try-call-later,noanswer)
exten => s,n,Macro(hangupcall)

If call fails with wrongly dialed number or some far end issue it will just play the same audio which makes user think that something is wrong with pbx or E1.

So, I am looking for a way to get far end/ pstn audio when a call fails like ‘incorrect number’ or ‘number is busy’ or ‘unallocated/ unreachable number’ as we get in normal asterisk. Freepbx has automated generated scripts, so is there a way to avoid getting ‘all circuits are busy’ audio when ever call fails.

Thanks