[asterisk-gui] cannot log in to the gui

Mike M mikem at bentdata.com
Thu Jul 1 17:55:19 CDT 2010

Hi,

     I had a similar problem a while back attempting to use the
asterisk-gui with Asterisk 1.6 on a FreeBSD 8.0 system.

I tried the 1.x gui and 2.0 but both exhibited the same issues -- after
login I got no menus on the left hand side.  What I found was sometimes
if I waited a long time (minutes), some menu's would appear, as if the
process (or system) was struggling to load the pages.  This didn't
happen all the time but the delay was unbearable.

In the end, I downgraded Asterisk to 1.4.29 and installed asterisk-gui
2.0 which now work perfectly.

I never got to the bottom of why I was experiencing the freezing on the
asterisk-gui with Asterisk 1.6.

Sorry I can't remember the exact builds of 1.6 I was using, but they
were current at the time (a couple of months ago) -- trying both
tarballs from Digium, and SVN.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

-Mike