[asterisk-gui] long delay on login

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Feb 17 06:15:25 CST 2010

Hi

The following seems to happen to us ever since upgrading from the
version used in our previous live CD:

  http://updates.xorcom.com/rapid/dists/live-2-0-0/main/binary-i386/Packages

asterisk       1.6.2.0~dfsg~beta4-0.7501
asterisk-gui   2.0.4.9.svn.4809-0.7324

There is a log delay after the login: I see the message "Checking write
permission for gui folder" for a log while. Then I see the message
"detecting Hardware" (BTW: that message is duplicated in the code ) for
a similar time period.

It seems that those timeouts are always exact minutes. That is:
multiplues of 60 seconds.

In Asterisk I see quite a few events in the manager eventq (manager show
eventq).

I already had timeouts of 1, 2 and 3 minutes. No extra CPU activity is
noted.

As a last resort I consider just saying our custoers that they need to
wait (or get a better browser).

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com