[asterisk-gui] cid_number update

Erin Spiceland espiceland at digium.com
Wed Dec 1 08:18:42 CST 2010

Oğuzhan,

The answer to your original question (is this normal behavior?) is "yes." The GUI configures Asterisk to use a global variable at the top of extensions.conf for users' CIDs.  Do you have a line in your [globals] section that looks like CID_1000 = 2000? The GUI does not use the cid_number setting in users.conf at all, except that it sets it to the user extension.  When the GUI changes the cid_number back to 1000, does the caller ID still show up as 2000 on the phone?

Erin