[asterisk-gui] Dahdi Changes

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 12:59:12 CST 2009

Hi Jim -

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Jim Houser
<jhouser at trustamerifirst.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the correction.
> I'm still stuck deep in 1.4 and have not used DAHDI.
> Is there a published PDF that can be read to make someone like me aware of the changes and/or
> enhancements?

The only functional difference between zaptel and dahdi is that echo
cancelers are applied per-channel, so you'd do something like this in
/etc/dahdi/system.conf

echocanceller=mg2,1-23

zapata.conf has been renamed to chan_dahdi.conf.  Other than that,
it's just a matter of replacing "Zap" with "Dahdi" in your dialplan.

- Noah