[asterisk-gui] Asterisk GUI in WXWidget or Web format

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Mar 20 10:03:16 CDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 11:37:02AM +0100, Meftah Tayeb wrote:
> hello my friends
> please any asterisk GUI (WXWidget no GTK or QT) to configure Asterisk
> from windows using Sockets ?
> i tryed using WXWidget but is not working for me bicose of Accessibility
> problems
> my screen reader dont Fully accept it
> i dont know what is the problem in the FreePBX Web Interface Accessibility
> i know that FreePBX is Fully XHTML Compatible and XHTML is Fully
> accessible to blind users also, QT or GTK based application is not fully
> accessible to windows screen readers bicose the Microsoft Active
> Accessibility is no Fully or  correctly implemented
> but WXWidget is fully accessible bicose is using the Local System Ressources

Please provide some evidence to support your claims. Specifically, it is
quite easy to make a GUI in whatever widget set that will be plain
inaccessible.

If you have any specific bug reports regarding this asterisk-gui (or
even better: some ways for us to test it), please report them. Specific
bug reports are always helpful as they point out issues so those could
be fixed.

> exemple:
> i'm using a fully Accessibility compatible IAX Phone named "IaxCom"
> this IaxPhone is developed using the WXWidget GUI FRAMEWORK
> i know other IaxPhone named "Kiax"
> but is developed using the QT Framework and is not accessible to me

Have you actually tried to use either iaxComm or Kiax?

Please report specific issues you encounter to their authors.

AFAIK Kiax is actively maintained. Not sure about iaxComm.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com