[asterisk-gui] asterisk 1.0.6 + asterisk gui 2.0 r4527

Rajesh Kumar ( Alshaya Group International ) raj at alshaya-group.com
Mon Mar 2 07:31:43 CST 2009

Hey Asterisk Gurus,

Anything for Fax part on GUI?

Regards,
Rajesh Kumar
raj at alshaya-group.com<mailto:raj at alshaya-group.com>
Alshaya Group International
Tel: +965 298-0555 Ext.- 307
Mobile: +965 722-4083

From: asterisk-gui-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-gui-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Ryan Brindley
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 12:04 AM
To: Asterisk GUI project discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-gui] asterisk 1.0.6 + asterisk gui 2.0 r4527

Eric,
  Hrm. That cannot connect to server error is because Asterisk crashed, which wasn't a typical symptom reported by testers of the other bug Josh referred to. Although kudos to Josh for referencing that.

Also, just wanted to make sure that it is in fact an infinite loop. the GUI does loop on first load because it has to submit a few config changes (to preferences.conf, http.conf, extensions.conf and dahdi_guiread.conf). It could be that something is not allowing the GUI to update those and therefore causes the loop when it reloads and checks again.

If you can do the following (in order) for me and report back any changes:

(1) Open up a terminal and get into the Asterisk CLI (asterisk -r). Set verbosity up (core set verbose 10). Now run the GUI like you have been and see what the last commands before the GUI crashes.

(2) Verify that you have proper permissions in manager.conf.

(3) edit /var/lib/asterisk/static-http/config/index.html and find the DEBUG_MODE global JS variable and set it to true (instead of false). Use Firefox and get the Firebug plugin and check for any JS errors.

(4) check out the latest svn 1.6.0 and re-install asterisk from that directory (svn = subversion, of which you will need to install if it isn't already on the system):
               svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.6.0 asterisk-1.6.0-svn
               (and then the normal ./configure && make && make install)

I'm having you do the #4 because thats what I test with and I don't seem to have your problem :-). Plus, if the fix is already in the latest code rev, then there is no reason to re-debug an already solved issue.

Hope this helps!

--
Ryan Brindley
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer