[asterisk-gui] Hardware setup for channel bank

marvin horst marvin.horst at pbzinc.com
Tue Jun 16 10:50:56 CDT 2009

I am currently using the Adit channels banks in 2 production settings
without any problems. They work great and I didn't have any issues with
configuring them in the asterisk environment which is maintained by manually
editing all the conf files. I would like to move most of the configuration
setup to a GUI to make it easier for other personell to add/modify user and
extension settings. Maybe this isn't a good idea as we do have some "unique"
features in our dialplan.

I was having trouble with the asterisk-gui-2.0 recognizing the individual
channels and displaying them as options during user setup.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Jim Houser <jhouser at trustamerifirst.com>wrote:

> I don't know about the Asterisk GUI you are using but I have used the Adit
> 600 in a bunch of smaller installs for both FXO and FXS connections.  Sounds
> like you need to do some manual editing of the conf files.  Make sure you
> are set for RBS and not PRI then simply setup your zaptel, zapata, and Adit
> 600 channel signaling as needed.
>
> The Adit's I have used offer top notch call quality and are rock solid.

Marvin Horst
Paul B Zimmerman Inc
(717) 738-7365 x824