[asterisk-gui] Incoming calls

Bob Crandell bob at assuredcomp.com
Mon Jul 27 10:52:19 CDT 2009

Hi Bob,

How are you doing?

Oh not too bad.

Well we can receive calls now.  Looks like updating the GUI from 4970 to 4973 fixed it.  I also put "exten = s,1,NoOp(Context Name)" so I can see where it fails.  It started working instead.  I wonder if NoOp should be "exten => s,1,NoOp(Context Name)" instead.

Well, that's good.  Now quite playing around and get back to work.

Yes sir and thanks
Bob

>>> "Bob Crandell" <bob at assuredcomp.com> 7/24/2009 10:17 AM >>>
Here I am talking to myself ...

Looks like the GUI is leaving "exten = s,1,Answer" out of some rule somewhere.  I got it to ring an extension for a few minutes but as soon as I made a change in the GUI it deleted the change I make in extensions.conf and now it doesn't work again.  I don't remember where I added "exten = s,1,Answer".

Thanks and have a nice weekend.
Bob

>>> "Bob Crandell" <bob at assuredcomp.com> 7/23/2009 12:45 PM >>>
Hi All,

Apparently the GUI left out something in the rule to answer the phone.  Will someone post the piece that actually directs an incoming call to an extension?  I've looked through extensions.conf and can't make heads or tails of it.

Thanks
Bob