[asterisk-gui] "Checking write permission for gui folder"

Ken Miller millerkenneth at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 14:37:35 CST 2009

I found some of the email threads regarding the web interface hanging
on "Checking write permission for gui folder".  I am continuing to
experience this problem under Asterisk 1.6.0.3, DAHDI 2.1.0.3,
Asterisk GUI 2.0-r4407.

Based on some of the comments in that thread I added the Zaptel
1.4.12, but it does not appear to make a difference.  I have
pci-express boards:
pci:0000:14:08.0     wctdm24xxp-  d161:8002 Wildcard AEX800
pci:0000:18:08.0     wcte12xp-    d161:8000 Wildcard TE121
I cant get Zaptel to run at all. (Because these cares are all post
zaptel? DAHDI runs fine...)

Has anyone been able to resolve this without backreving to Asterisk 1.4?
It was unclear if the zaptel interface checking was the ultimate problem.
The rights for my web admin user includes the 'orginate' manager privilege.

Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

--
Ken Miller