[asterisk-gui] Linksys ATA SPA3102 Using The GUI

David Kerr David at Kerr.net
Wed Sep 17 21:21:24 CDT 2008

You have to create it as a trunk, not a user. I have a SPA3000 (earlier
version of the 3102 I think) working this way.  For host URL enter "dynamic"
this tells Asterisk not to register with the service provider, but rather
that the service provider (the SPA3102) will register with Asterisk.  enter
a userid/password that the SPA will use to Authenticate with Asterisk. My
context in Users.conf ended up looking like this... (this was built with the
v1 GUI, but I manually added some lines like qualify. v2 should build a
similar entry for you)

[localPSTN]
allow=ulaw,alaw,gsm,g726
context=DID_localPSTN
dialformat=${EXTEN:1}
canreinvite=no
hasexten=no
hasiax=no
hassip=yes
host=dynamic
type=friend
qualify=yes
registeriax=no
registersip=no
secret=password
trunkname=Custom - localPSTN
trunkstyle=customvoip
username=localPSTN
insecure=very
dtmfmode=auto

You also need to configure the PSTN Line of the SPA to enable the PSTN to
VoIP Gateway and set a PSTN answer delay of about 3 seconds (to give time
for the CallerID to come through) and set the PSTN Caller Default DP to one
of the dial plans (I used "1").  You need to set up this Dial Plan to tell
the SPA to call through to Asterisk on incoming calls. In my case I set
"(S0<:102>)"  which means zero seconds delay, try and call extension 102.
But the extension number is actually not used by asterisk, as it hits the
incoming call rules logic rather than go to the extension.

Hope this helps.

David