[asterisk-gui] Context names in the new GUI

Pari Nannapaneni pari at digium.com
Mon Sep 15 22:39:31 CDT 2008

> Can you explain why this change was made?

Hi David,

The change in behavior was because of an issue on our internal bug tracker.

    AA50-2113 - Creation of Trunks uses name that won't match on inbound calls

    Description : The convention used to create a new trunk entry in users.conf, i.e. trunk_1, trunk_2, trunk_3, etc.,
                  works okay for outbound calls placed via that trunk. However, inbound calls fail. When a call is received,
                  Asterisk tries to match the inbound user as "trunk_1" instead of the real username, i.e. bobjones.
                  Please modify the creation of new trunks and the expression of those trunks in users.conf and extensions.conf
                  so that they are what the user inputs into the "username" field when adding or editing a voip trunk.
                  So, if I input mdavenport_soft as my username, then the entry in users.conf would be [mdavenport_soft] instead of trunk_1,
                  and everything in the dialplan that would have said trunk_1 should say "mdavenport_soft" instead.

You can  easily switch to the old style by uncommenting a couple of lines in pbx.js,
look for functions  addIAXTrunk() and addSIPTrunk() and change

--
  //var trunk = astgui_managetrunks.misc.nextAvailableTrunk_x();
   var trunk = tr.username ;

-- TO --

   var trunk = astgui_managetrunks.misc.nextAvailableTrunk_x();
   // var trunk = tr.username ;
--

May be one day we migh have an option in the gui to switch between these modes.

thanks
-Pari