[asterisk-gui] GUI in AsteriskNOW

Ron Byer Jr. ronb at netweave.com
Thu Oct 23 15:19:08 CDT 2008

That's the first I've heard of the freePBX vs. *Gui switch.  I see it with
the AsteriskNow 1.5 Beta announcement.

I like freePBX, but it doesn't belong on an appliance.

freePBX :: good for PC's with 250GB hard drives
asterisk-gui :: good for small appliance-type devices.

That's not to say that asterisk-gui won't well on a PC with a 250GB hard
drive, but I'm afraid the converse isn't true.

I'm a little confused... I thought that AsteriskNOW was basically the
platform that ran on the Digium Asterisk appliance (AA50's, and the like).
The Digium appliances are flash based, so they aren't going to be well
suited to running freePBX and MySQL.

I think it's a case of both options being available, not one taking over the
other.

Ron Byer Jr.
NetWeave Integrated Solutions, Inc.
+1.732.786.8830 x120