[asterisk-gui] How to call custom Macros with Astersk GUI 2.0 ?

David Kerr David at Kerr.net
Sun Oct 5 14:44:40 CDT 2008

I'm not very interested in creating a custom GUI just for myself. I would
rather see bugs fixed so that I could use the GUI. Take the example cited
above... adding "context=xxxx" into queues.conf

There are a couple of approaches to fixing this.

1) Modify the GUI to add the ability to specify a context for a queue. This
would be a fairly easy fix, but very specific to context=.... it would not
address any other statements that might be added through the file editor.

2) Or, you could get to the heart of the problem and fix the GUI so that it
doesn't blast away user edits. The route of the problem is this sequence of
calls in queues.html
var x = new listOfActions('queues.conf');
    x.new_action('delcat', cat, '', '');
    x.new_action('newcat', cat, '', ''); // create new context
    x.new_action('append', cat, 'fullname',
ASTGUI.getFieldValue(DOM_edit_label));
    x.new_action('append', cat, 'strategy',
ASTGUI.getFieldValue(DOM_edit_strategy));
    x.new_action('append', cat, 'timeout',
ASTGUI.getFieldValue(DOM_edit_timeout));
    x.new_action('append', cat, 'wrapuptime',
ASTGUI.getFieldValue(DOM_edit_wrapuptime));
    x.new_action('append', cat, 'autofill',
ASTGUI.getFieldValue(DOM_edit_autofill));
    x.new_action('append', cat, 'autopause',
ASTGUI.getFieldValue(DOM_edit_autopause));
    x.new_action('append', cat, 'joinempty',
ASTGUI.getFieldValue(DOM_edit_joinempty));
    x.new_action('append', cat, 'leavewhenempty',
ASTGUI.getFieldValue(DOM_edit_leavewhenempty));
    x.new_action('append', cat, 'reportholdtime',
ASTGUI.getFieldValue(DOM_edit_reportholdtime));
    x.new_action('append', cat, 'maxlen',
ASTGUI.getFieldValue(DOM_edit_maxlen));
    x.new_action('append', cat, 'musicclass',
ASTGUI.getFieldValue(DOM_edit_musicclass));

See how it starts with 'delcat'... that deletes everything in the category,
then it creates a new one then appends all the settings entered in the GUI.
Now I have not tested anything, but it would seam possible to check whether
the "cat" already exists. If not then create it, else don't. Then use the
'update' parameter on new_action rather than 'append'.

In either case, It would be better implemented in the master source.   I
suppose I could take a stab at coding a fix (but I'm not a javascript
programmer, but fast learner) and then give  it to you for consideration.

Regards
David