[asterisk-gui] Asterisk-GUI does not have write access

Saad skhankan at gmail.com
Tue May 13 22:55:10 CDT 2008

The 501 error:
========
I apologize for the confusion, I believe this 501 error was generated
because I forgot to add the prefix "asterisk" to the link, after I added
this prefix the error changed to 404. I'm able to login to the
http://192.168.1.xxx:8088/asterisk/static/config/cfgbasic.html ; however,
the advanced page http://192.168.1.xxx:8088/static/config/cfgadvanced.html
is now showing this 404 error on the login attempts (404 Not Found, Nothing
to see here. Move along)

The http.conf:
========
[general]
enabled = yes
enablestatic = yes
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
bindport = 8088
prefix = asterisk

The manager.conf:
===========
[general]
displaysystemname = yes
enabled = yes
webenabled = yes
port = 5038
httptimeout = 60
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0

[admin]
secret = admin
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config

I changed the port number to 8440 but still experiencing the same problem
(not able to save users through GUI, only conferencing users can be saved).

I also see "Restarted Asterisk!! " message continuously appears and
disappears on the 1st page when I login to the Asterisk GUI.

I'm not sure how to capture the SVN info of the GUI directory as I'm still
very new to asterisk.

Kind Regards,
Saad