[asterisk-gui] AsteriskNow configuration for PSTN calls

Alin Rogg alin.rogg at exanovis.com
Fri Mar 7 01:50:33 CST 2008

Dear all,

I am using AsteriskNow 1.0.1 with a AVM Fritz card connected to our PBX.

In order to make outgoing calls from the SIP client , needs some
configurations.

The ISDN card is recognized and I can find it under the menu: "mISDN Config"
, having 4 Card Ports 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4.

What settings shall I use to make it working? (TE or NE mode and which
one?), knowing it is connected with the extension 24 to our PBX.

2. Do I need to define a Service Provider, or I can make direct outgoing
calls (somehow SIP --> PSTN)???

3. What calling rule shall I define to call out from my SIP client through
the Asterix PBX (extension 24) to an other number in the office (extension
21) and to the PSTN.

Please help as I never tried this , and under AsterixNow Linux distribution
I can not interact with the "conf" files as described in the Asterisk 1.4
manual.

Is it any documentation describing the bits above?

Much appreciated your help.

BR,

Alin

Alin Rogg