[asterisk-gui] Ball dropped on zapscan/ztscan

Brandon Kruse bkruse at digium.com
Tue Jan 8 09:35:40 CST 2008

Hello,

Before making such remarks, do your research.

Ztscan has been revamped completely, and works great with both
analog and digital cards.

Using the LATEST ZAPTEL.

If you are not fimilar with svn, let me give you a quick rundown.

Zaptel has a 1.4 branch (which would be the "latest zaptel" that is acceptable
to use in a production environment)

The 1.4.7 tag does not have it because it was before it was moved into zaptel.

(the 1.4.7.1 tag was made specifically for a driver release, therefore was not included)

http://svn.digium.com/view/zaptel/branches/1.4/ztscan.c?view=log

^^There is ztscan.

Essentially, the next release (1.4.8?) will have ztscan in it.

Here, I will make it simple for you: (as root, copy/paste)
svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/zaptel/branches/1.4 zaptel-1.4; cd zaptel-1.4; sh configure && make
&& make install ; clear; echo "wow, you have ztscan now"

I will personally see to it that you get your svn subscription fees returned to you.

ztscan was developed for Business Edition, so all this is setup for you. We assume that
when we say latest zaptel it means branches/1.4. I will try to clarify that in the future.

Next time, try phrasing the question "Where did ztscan go?" and your problem, and I will happily assist.

We did this for the overall GUI and framework before a big release, as it is the proper way to do it.

Thanks,

-bk