[asterisk-gui] all my tabs won't fit on the screen - revamp suggestion

Trevor Benson tbenson at a-1networks.com
Thu Feb 28 10:19:44 CST 2008

Do you remember really old FreePBX?  It had menu systems split apart in different areas, it was confusing and wasted a lot of time unless you were really used to the GUI.  It is part of what drove me to just use the config files for so long until a worthy GUI came out, FreePBX got better, but my needs were too much as well.

I mean I could see possibly adding some header tabs to the menu, but deciding what tabs will be a sub of "This Header Tab" is another one of those "why does it go there" questions, and could be confusing when people are looking for it.  Possibly an "IVR" Tab could have Voice Menu's, Record a Menu, anything related to building your menu and audio files as sub tabs hidden until you click IVR. Then what are the headings for the rest of the master tabs, and what goes under them?

All in all I think they are doing a great job the way it is, with as many features as get added I think a little scrolling is an easy thing to do compared to the problems other GUI's have splitting menu's and making strange decisions on where things will be hidden.

Trevor