[asterisk-gui] using a tmp directory for "sysinfo_output"

David Kerr David at kerr.net
Wed Dec 31 18:30:10 CST 2008

I'd like to propose a change to where the GUI saves output from system
commands. Presently it attempts to write to the source (./static/config/)
directory and verifies write access to this with a echo command on startup.
As this is a source directory I think it mildly bad practice to be writing
here. Better would be to write to a system defined temporary directory. One
could look for a system environment variable and/or we could define one in
asterisk.conf like...

[directories]
asttmpdir => /tmp

which would be picked up in index.js and assigned to sessionData on GUI
initialization. Then systemCmdWithOutput would be modified in astman.js to
use that directory.

Thoughts or comments?

David