[asterisk-gui] Configuration lost after GUI upgrade

Luis Solorzano lsolorzano at mitvcorp.com
Thu Aug 28 17:08:08 CDT 2008

I just installed AsteriskNow 1.0.2, I configured my hardware and my users
and everything was working fine, I was able to make call to outside, call
internally and receive calls from outside. However I wanted to configure the
Directory options but I couldn't with the GUI that came with *Now, so I
decided to upgrade the GUI following the instructions from BK
(http://asterisknow.org/install-related), everything went fine, I ran the
'make checkconfig' and there were not problems, the GUI was installed and I
was able to access it, but I realize that my configuration was messed up, my
users didn't have a dial plan, the dial plan was not present, nor the call
rules and the incoming call rules were configured, or at least I couldn't
see them from the GUI, however my system continued to working fine, I was
able to receive/make calls. So I decided to reconfigure again the system
using the new GUI, but after I reconfigure the incoming calls rules I was
not able to receive calls again, when somebody call, they just hear the
ringing but my system never send the call to the IVR that I have configured.
I've deleted and configured again my IVRs and I couldn't make it work, so I
decide to reinstall *Now since this was one of my production systems.

Is there any special configuration that I have to do in order to install the
new GUI and my old configuration work with this GUI?

I'm using the 3716 revision for the asterisk-gui and Asterisk 1.4.18.1 that
came with AsteriskNow.

Please help!!