[asterisk-gui] Follow Me

Trevor Benson tbenson at a-1networks.com
Wed Aug 27 10:19:58 CDT 2008

Then how do I embed an outside line into a ring group as I do with a follow me?  If ring groups could take an outside line for dialing then I would just put the ring group into the followme.  However currently without ringall, and outside lines in ring groups customers have to wait through a list of extensions (my desk, home office, wireless sip phone for datacenter, and then my cellphone).  Most people would hangup after waiting 15-20 seconds a phone, and in 15-20 seconds I could miss it at 1 spot, and be waiting to get the call on my cell after it fails the datacenter and home office lines.

Ringall just speeds up the process, but yes, even a ring group could be added if external lines were able to be used like follow me just allows typing in a number for pattern match to reach outside lines.

In either case it's a minor thing, but simultaneous ringing on followme (or ring groups including outside numbers) is a fairly useful way to use followme.  It's the default configuration I had since I have so many lines to test to reach me.

Adding the outside lines to ring groups would solve everything.

Thanks,
Trevor