[asterisk-gui] GUI 2.0

Pari Nannapaneni pari at digium.com
Fri Aug 15 11:48:05 CDT 2008

> Just want to check as we package these into RPM's.

 Hi Trevor,

 We will be having tagged versions of the new gui starting some time next week.
 I would recommended that you use a tagged version for packaging the gui.

> Does the new 2.0 GUI not use providers.conf?
> My old spec file listed it and it came up with it missing in the 2.0 build.

 Sorry for not informing about the change.

 Yes, The GUI-2.0 does not need/have providers.conf,
 instead it loads the providers configuration from a hosted javascript file.
 The GUI informs you about the same, the first time you load the 'service providers page'.

 This would make it easy for updating/maintaining/fixing the providers list instantly.

-Pari