[asterisk-gui] Docs or Wiki

Trevor Benson tbenson at a-1networks.com
Wed Aug 6 13:00:19 CDT 2008

Had a question about transferring direct to voicemail, one of the previous systems (asterisk gui managers) were pre-pending a * in front of the extension to transfer direct to VM, so if my extension was 500, a blind transfer to *500 would bypass ringing my phone and drop the caller directly to voicemail.  Does Asterisk GUI implement such a feature somehow?  I am about to look into the dialplan and see if I can find it.

Now this brought up a good question: Is there any current repository of information regarding 'the way Asterisk GUI does things'?

For instance transferring direct to voicemail, the way agents function when assigned to queue's, etc.  Some of this is apparent when you track down the two windows for setting the login extension for agents, some could use a bit of updating in the popup descriptions.  I am by no means complaining, just wondering if we have any of this put anywhere currently?  If not I am very willing to start documenting the 'hidden' features like transfer to voicemail (if it exists), and other little tidbits as well as how the queue and agent system interact, I am guessing its more native an asterisk queue then I have found in any other system, so maybe that's why it seemed unfamiliar to me the first time I logged in my new Tech Support agents.

I am very willing to assist as long as someone can point me in a direction, and maybe answer a few questions I cannot find in the dialplan myself, and I will work on getting something together.  If someone is already doing all this, then hooray!! Where is it available?

Thanks,
Trevor