[asterisk-gui] What happened?

Zed zed071 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 20:33:32 CDT 2008

Sales at MichianaWireless.Com wrote:
> No they don't. If you call in from the pstn to the box you don't even here
> them, the console says there playing but all you here is silence. If you
> call the extension from an * extension then you hear the voice menu (ANY
> VOICE FROM THE BOX)BUT it is sloooooooow sooooounddddiiinnggg just like that
> and chopping up so bad you can not understand it. Call my main number
> 574-233-7170 if you wish to call it and you will hear silence then finally
> ringing, the silence it supposed to be our voice menus. It was so bad I
> removed all voice menus except one just for testing other wise people hung
> up cause it was just dead air till the extensions rang. Let me know what I
> can provide you for proof.
>
> Thanks,
> John

How did you record and encode it?

I have found, for example in Audacity, at 44.1k and then try to use SOX
to get it down to the 8k GSM format, you'll get the
"Llllllloooooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggggg
sssssssssllllllllllllooooooooowwwwww" speech. If you record a custom
menu down at 8k mono before converting it, it will be good.