[asterisk-gui] Problems with the default install

Luar Roji cyberplant-asterisk at roji.net
Tue Sep 11 18:29:56 CDT 2007

Hi!

I've an asterisk running since last year in my house.

I had some problems with the audio quality so I've decided to try asterisk
1.4 and reconfigure everything from scratch, so I can re check every config
option.

Now I'm trying to make the config with asterisk-gui but with no luck. I tried
the 1.4 and the asterisknow branches but with the same result.

In the asterisk console I can see the files are never saved (or at least it
doesn't say it):

  == Saving '/etc/asterisk/users.conf':    == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/users.conf':   == Found

I've changed the permissions to 777 to check if it was the problem, but
it's still the same.

Another thing that can be related: when I'm in the install wizard, after
pressing next in calling rules I get a "Not Found" message. (Nothing to see
here.. etc).

I see this message in the console too:

fd == -1 in astman_append, should not happen

Maybe it's a problem of the asterisk core? I'm the only one with this
problem? What can I do?

I'm using revision 82273 of the core, and revision 1580 of the gui.

The config files are the created with "make samples" in both cases.

Thanks!