[asterisk-gui] configs from older GUIs

Pari Nannapaneni pari at digium.com
Thu May 3 08:17:01 MST 2007

I'm glad you raised this issue - some of the bug reports we
get here are caused by the changes in config parameters and
people upgrading the GUI has to sometimes reconfigure everything again.

As mentioned earlier, we need to start versioning the GUI so that
we can address issues like these in proper way. I have tried
to bring this issue to discussion couple of times on this mailing list
before but did not get any responses.

So I would like to take this opportunity to ask every one
to know their opinion about taking the current version
of gui and calling it version something like version 0.9 or 1.0 or something
(which will be based on asterisk 1.4) and starting off from there.

This would allow us to work on a gui/trunk which can take advantage of
the new features in asterisk/trunk - like file uploading, native JSON support, SSL support etc
and by the time Asterisk 1.6 is out - we can have a fully functional gui ready
for use on top of it.

This also gives us an advantage of asking the asterisk-dev community to implement
any new features we need in asterisk/trunk.

regards,
Pari