[asterisk-gui] Re: pari: branch appliance r418 - /branches/appliance/config/backup.html

Pari Nannapaneni pari at digium.com
Tue Mar 13 13:27:04 MST 2007

Hi Dome,

 > .. now you mostly update appliance branch
no, I was just merging some stuff into the appliance branch.

Even though mark & i are the only people who worked on most of it so far,
the GUI is still an open source project. So I guess it is not just _me_ or someone
who decides whether the trunk version is nearly beta or not, right ?

Also please note that the GUI was just in trunk till now and there were no
prior discussions on this mailing list about versioning in the GUI, mostly
either because at that time the GUI was in its very initial stages or because
Asterisk 1.4 itself was not released.

But now that we have enough people using the GUI_trunk, I guess the right thing to do is to
initiate a discussion on this mailing list, so that we can start versioning
the GUI, identify what features we want in the initial version 1.0 and what
features we want in the later versions etc etc.

Once we do that, then we would be able to say some thing like
'the trunk is nearly beta' or otherwise.

thanks
Pari