[asterisk-gui] Contributing to the GUI

Leonardo Andrés Gallego lag.asterisk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 13:18:17 MST 2007

Hi Brandon,

On 6/9/07, Brandon Kruse <bkruse at digium.com> wrote:
> Hey!
>
> Its great to see some contributors for the GUI.
>

> Use those lines for guidelines and fill out a disclaimer and we can
> readily accept and filter code from you.

Great! We will begin checking the code before submitting it.

> You can use the bug tracker (http://bugs.digium.com)
>
> Or contact me and pari directly (bkruse at digium.com and pari at digium.com) for major
> patches and ideas.
>
> Of course you can also use this mailing list to bounce ideas and implementations.

The current idea is to expand to the functionality named in Ariel's
mail, we need to make the recording of a call an easy task, and doing
so through the GUI using what is already available in the "Active
Channels" submenu would work nicely.

> Thank you!
>
> -brandon
>

> P.S.
>
> I can give you some tips on the API that is currently implemented and how things are done.
>
> Most of it is not documented, but there are a lot of live examples in the code.

We would really appreciate some tips, as we cant figure a way to
extend the "action" command to include the actions we need.

We don't understand where is "rawman", and how do you call it to make
it execute the code in the AMI (Asterisk manager interface). Is rawman
extensible? The commands used by it, are related to the AMI?

Like in:

We need to monitor (as in record) a channel. From 'manager show
commands', I see there are two commands for this, the "monitor" and
"stopmonitor" commands, which should do what i need.

So the idea would be to implement an action=record which would call
the monitor AMI command, and allow a recordstop or something
equivalent to stop it.

Can you, or Pari, give us a tip on where to look to start implementing this?

We read everything related to AJAM/AMI we could find, but there is not
much really useful to extend them, just to use what is already
available.

Regards and thanks in advance,
Leonardo

ps. Here are some of the sources we have been checking:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+manager+API
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+Manager+API+Action+Monitor
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aynchronous+Javascript+Asterisk+Manager+%28AJAM%29
http://www.asterisknow.org/developers/gui-guide