[asterisk-gui] Contributing to the GUI

Ariel Hernan Curiale curiale at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 14:40:03 MST 2007

Hello everyone,

We are working on several deployments of Asterisk (including the GUI) and we
need to make a couple of changes, actually, there are a couple of
additions and some fixes for now.

Here are the features we are currently working on:

1) The "Active Channels" submenu.

a) We already have the "Transfer" and "Hangup" working, which were
broken. (If you want these lines of code, contact me, as I don't know
yet what are the coding contribution rules and ways)

b) We are working on a extension to this page, we want to be able to
record a channel (or more), in the way MixMonitor allows via CLI.
To accomplish this, we were thinking in using some of the AJAM/AMI calls.
The idea is to implement an "action=record" function (just like action=status,
action=command, etc.) or similar, but we need some details on how to
access the API and expand it. Is this possible? Is there documentation on this?

Also, are there any requirements for code contribution?
Besides this:
http://asterisk.org/developers/coding-guidelines
http://asterisk.org/developers/bug-guidelines
http://asterisknow.org/developers/gui-guide

Right now, its a 3 people team, any of us might send an email to the
list regarding the same issues.

Just in case, here we are:

Ariel Curiale
Alexis Tcach