[asterisk-gui] Why No Commits? Where is everyone?

bkruse bkruse at digium.com
Fri Jul 27 15:54:21 CDT 2007

Hey Guys!

Just wanted to give a quick update as to why me, and pari
have not been committing a lot lately.

I have been wrapped up (as pari also is) in the appliance release.

We always want to keep a strong and real relationship with the
community, and the users in general. I love ALL of you guys, and all the
feedback you give, thank you for everything and supporting!!!

This appliance release has severely wrapped me and pari up.

Now that we have the reasons out of the way, lets look to the future.

We have some more developers at digium, that will be working directly
for the asterisk gui! I am not a gui developer, I just help where I can,
pari is the main man behind the mission. I will continue to help debug,
make bug fixes, and introduce new features, however, we have more
developers working on the gui now, than ever!

I am also working on updating the gui developers documentation for
anyone that wants to start getting active in dev'ing (this can not only
be with code, but ideas, and on top of ideas, being readily available
for testing your ideas implementation.)

So, I wanted to take this time to say, hey! We are still here, and love
this community.

The benefit of us (mainly pari) being away and working on the appliance,
is that ALL those fixes are merged into their parent branches
(aadk/*now->trunk, respectively)

Look forward to everything to come!

-bk