[asterisk-gui] GUI Dial Plan - outgoing via multiple possible lines (roll-over)

Sam Snow snowsam at laurel-point.net
Sun Jul 15 20:24:22 CDT 2007

bkruse wrote:
> Peter,
>
> This is correct. The reasons why groups are so useful
> is because of that same reason. Grouping t1's together
> to have a huge outbound trunk. Grouping single lines
> for a "trunk" feel, or anything similar.
>
> Thanks for the info too Peter,
>
> -bk
>
> Peter Nguyen wrote:
>
>> ZAP/g1 means group 1. So anything defined in group g1 can be used as long as they're available. In essence, your config may look like this:
>>
>> context=incoming        ; Incoming calls go to [incoming] in extensions.conf
>> signalling=fxs_ks       ; Use FXS signalling for an FXO channel
>> group=1
>> channel => 2-4            ; PSTN attached to port 2 to 4
>>
>> then in your dialplan you can use:
>>
>> exten => NXXXXXX,1,Dial(ZAP/g1/${EXTEN}
>>
>> this will cause asterisk to dial any 7 digits number that starts with 2 and send it out the first available channel in group g1 which includes channels 2 through 4. I hope this help
>>

>> Peter Nguyen
>> L.A. Fitness International, LLC
>> 2600 Michelson Drive, Suite 300
>> Irvine, California 92612
>> VoIP Administrator * (877) 561-9944

Peter,

Thanks for your response. I will plan to test your syntax on Monday.

My channels were already grouped (though via a more wordy syntax than
you suggested). My problem is that I think I have been testing the
equivalent of what you are suggesting (though formatted differently
because I am creating things with the GUI where possible-- and not
trying to break it!) and the grouping has not worked for me. Instead I
get a congested message and the second or third line is not used.

In case you missed my first post, here is the extensions.conf side of
things (as created by the GUI):

extensions.conf :
trunk_1 = Zap/g1
trunk_2 = Zap/g2
trunk_3 = Zap/g3

[numberplan-custom-2]
include = default
plancomment = DialPlan2
exten = _9XXXX!,1,Macro(trunkdial,${trunk_1}/w${EXTEN:0})
comment = _9XXXX!,1,outside,standard

[macro-trunkdial]
;
; Standard trunk dial macro (hangs up on a dialstatus that should
; terminate call)
;   ${ARG1} - What to dial
;
exten => s,1,Dial(${ARG1})