[asterisk-gui] faxing

Stephen Coles scoles at wellpak.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 10:35:45 CDT 2007

I have a windows 2000 sbs server that has a built in faxing server, thus
I have a modem in the back of the server that is used to send the faxes,
I could just hook this up to an ATA device though to asterisks, but I
have seen an extension that allows you to fax from asterisk and receive
faxes

Can this be done by the default set up in asterisknow, if it can I'm
sorry too busy to check right now but I don't see any gui stuff for
faxing

In the user page you could add an option 'can receive fax' this will
allow an extension to receive a fax and send it to the same email
address as the voicemail

In the ring groups you could as the option 'can receive fax' and send it
to an email address you specify in there

Im using:
	Asterisk 1.4.4
	Asterisk GUI-version Revision: 10695 $