[asterisk-gui] problem with new incoming calls feature

Dorian Gray astgui at tintar.com
Sat Jan 6 23:41:28 MST 2007

nice to see that we can now configure DIDs, but there seems to be a problem:

the new incoming calls tab creates contexts in extensions.conf of the form
[DID_trunk_n]
exten = m,1,Goto(default|o|1)

and sets relevant context in users.conf to DID_trunk_n. cool.

however, incoming calls are rejected. at least in my case. it seems as if
asterisk is still dependant only on user blocks defined in iax.conf, and not
those with registeriax=yes in users.conf.

if it is a provider that happens to already be in iax.conf by default (e.g.
iaxtel, iaxfwd) then I get rejection errors like "m at default" doesn't exist. if
it is a custom provider e.g. vitel-inbound that is completely absent from
iax.conf then the console error is that "m@" doesn't exist.

what I find strange is that the context from users.conf shows up correctly in
'iax2 show users' and yet incoming calls are rejected.

workarounds:
1. changing the context of {iaxtel,iaxfwd} in iax.conf to DID_trunk_n fixes
this. or, adding the extension directly in default context of extensions.conf
fixes this.
2. additionally, adding a block for non-default provider e.g. vitel-inbound
and setting its context to DID_trunk_n fixes this.

however, it would be nice not to have to workaround but do the right thing
with just the gui settings in users.conf

but maybe I'm just missing something...