[asterisk-gui] Opinion, what do you want in the gui for users?

QUICK, RANDY RQUICK at THCS.ORG
Thu Apr 12 13:22:01 MST 2007

Hey guys,

Some important features for my 12 prospective facility installs would include:

 - Time of day routing for both voice menus and user phones. (Pari already stated this was coming)
 - Options to reroute phones to other numbers or phones.  (If extension 101 is busy it reroutes to 102, if 102 doesn't answer it reroutes to vmail)
 - Some type of CDR reporting.  (Similar to FreePBX's reporting app)

Off the deep end-

 - I plan to install some SIP enabled POE over head paging speakers so a tab for assigning a "page group" would be nice.
 - Real-time ACD Agent monitoring with ACD reporting.

WAY OFF THE DEEP END-

 - I will be running a real server at my main location with multiple PRI's that will then transfer the calls to the appropriate appliance across our LAN/WAN.  It would be GREAT if we could write some code for Asterisk NOW so that it could be that gateway server and monitor the asterisk appliances (ping speed and SD memory usage) and email alerts if it gets an out of tolerance reading from any of the appliances.

Also would be great if it could sync with a complete copy of all the phone directories so that you could have a full copy of your phone numbers for a dial by name setup or to move it into an XML app so that all of your phones could access it for number lookups within your organization.

The cherry on top would be the capacity to easily schedule backups to be sent from each appliance to that server so that at the end of the week I could rsync that folder onto my SAN for disaster recovery.

Before I get flamed I would gladly be writing this code if I had the skills and am currently learning, but I thought that if Pari's going to ask I might as well let loose.

Thanks guys for all the great work!  I love this stuff!

Randy Quick
Telecommunications Technician II
Healthcare Systems