[asterisk-gui] Opinion, what do you want in the gui for users?

Alexandre Moutinho Santos alex.moutinho at alexandre-santos.com
Wed Apr 11 09:20:40 MST 2007

Hi again,
In my opinion, the file editor is a better solution because it gives us
admins the possibility of changing or adding whatever we want. I'm very
used to text files because I'm a Linux admin but the windows users or
admins will want a GUI with everything on it.
I'm installing PBX's connected to a SIP VoIP provider only with the
basic menu options. Since the availability of the advanced options for
the providers that I don't need to go to the linux console. Of course
that if I want a XPTO installation with several servers interconnected,
redundancy, Mysql, etc, there is the necessity to go to the console. But
an expert is also needed in this situation.