[asterisk-gui] New Changes - Calling Plans

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Mon Dec 11 20:35:16 MST 2006

I've got a new sample out on my site:

http://www.sokol-associates.com:8088/asterisk/static/config/cfglinksys.html

(Login with "manager" as both user and password.)

The big change here is on the "Calling Plans" tab.  The screen has
been completely re-worked to (frankly) take some decisions away from
the end user.  Rather than expecing the customer to know anything
about national calling plans, dialing patterns, etc., this version
comes complete with pre-defined structures for the North American
Numbering Plan and the UK National Numbering Plan (or my best guess at
it).

End users can assign a trunk for each class of calls (i.e.
International, LD, etc.).  They will also be able to identify patterns
for LCR and for banned numbers (think 900 numbers, etc.).  These will
be exceptions to the default handling for the various blocks.  In most
situations end users will never do anything other than assign the
default trunk.

Please let me know what you folks think.

Thanks

Steve

--
Steven Sokol