[asterisk-gui] feature suggestion

Shem Valentine shemsp1 at digis.net
Wed Dec 6 19:20:51 MST 2006

Hello,

I'm working on converting our companies asterisk box to 1.4 from a cvs
build from 2002.  In doing so I am very excited by the aspect of having
managers provision new phones for employees through the GUI.  The
problem I have is all of our extensions are 3 digits, but the GUI
demands 4?  Also all the phone passwords use alphanumeric passwords, but
the GUI demands numeric.

I was curious what the reasoning was behind doing it this way, and what
the pros/cons are?
Also, would it be silly for me to ask for an override checkbox?

Thanks for all the hard work,
-Shem Valentine