[asterisk-embedded] Building asterisk for embedded ARM target

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Feb 20 21:49:07 CST 2008

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 01:53:51PM +0200, Ori Idan wrote:
> Thank you for your answers.
> I have installed libncurses5-dev (I am working on Ubuntu) and still get the
> same error.

Here's a mail some folks here are not going to like.

Frankly, you don't really need menuselect, unless you inteeractively
want to disable modules.

The noninteractive mode of operation of menuselect can essentially be
replaced by a small script:

cat <<EOF >menuselect.makeopts
# Hmm.. what exactly?
EOF

The good question is: what exactly should be there?

Well, there are a bunch of variables there that say what modules should
*not* be built. Hence empty value for those vars will get everything
built. For instance, if you want to disable building apps/app_skel.so,
make sure MENUSELECT_APPS includes app_skel .

Or even better: in your generated file write it:

  MENUSELECT_APPS += app_skel

That way you won't have to worry about it getting overriden by another
include in your system.

In fact, that file is simply included by make. So "workaroundish"
version of a erplacement menuselect script would be:

#!/bin/sh
echo '-include menuselect.customopts' >menuselect.makeopts

And start using trial, errror and reverse-engeneering to build the
custom file.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com