[asterisk-doc] Who's Willing to Contribute ?

Robert Broyles robert at poornam.com
Mon Feb 9 07:19:01 CST 2009

Sorry in advance for any grammer/spelling mistakes. (I've been at it for
almost 18 hours now.)

My thoughts are basically this...

1) We can start from scratch, and create a new single wiki, which is
recognized as the most comprehensive guide to Asterisk.
2) We can expand further on voip-info.org.

Regardless of which option we do, regular 'audits' of the documentation
is done, to ensure that the latest  and most accurate information is
available.

What information will be available?
Everything about Asterisk.
    - Guide to setup/install of Asterisk (Using the Realtime Engine,
AEL, etc)
    - Troubleshooting/debugging guide, common issues and their
resolution, etc
    - Each dialplan application, explanation of it's use, it's
parameters/options, examples of use.
    - depreciated functions, and detailed alternative methods

Some of this stuff seems silly, but the point it to make the information
available to even the newbies. Someone mentioned in a previous thread
that alot of the information on voip-info.org is written for advanced
users, and it assumes too much about the reader, and their skillset.
This only leads to more silly questions from the reader.

Anyway, this is my start. I am at least attempting to improve the
documentation on Asterisk.  Anyone go any other suggestions?

--
Regards,
Robert Broyles