[asterisk-doc] DISA Question

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Thu May 25 12:42:16 MST 2006

On Thu, 25 May 2006, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Peter Beckman wrote:
>
>>> My assumption would be that if the file doesn't specify CLID, and the
>>> DISA
>>> call does, the DISA call uses "New CallerID".  If the file specifies, it
>>> overrides the DISA call and uses "John Smith".  And if both the file
>>> entry
>>> and the DISA call does not specify, the incoming CLID is used?
>
> The file entry always overrides the argument to the application; the
> application argument overrides the CLID already on the channel.

Thanks for replying!

My summary that will be included in the docs:

     If using the <parameter>filename</parameter> method of calling DISA()
     and the Caller*ID parameter is specified in the DISA() call, and the
     entry in the file contains a Caller*ID option, Caller*ID for that
     channel will be set from the file entry.  If the line in the file does
     not contain a Caller*ID option, the Caller*ID for that channel will be
     set by the Caller*ID specified in the DISA() parameters.  If Caller*ID
     is not specified in either the file nor the DISA() parameters, the
     Caller*ID will keep the Caller*ID already set on the channel.

That cover it?

Beckman