[asterisk-doc] How to write new application for Asterisk by using C

Kevin Khanye utmostguru at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 06:44:02 MST 2006

After much reading, I found out that, the application that I want to create
is addressed differently when in Asterisk. The application that I want to
create is addressed as Softphones (user\client software); For that I
apologise for the misunderstanding, but, do thank you for the extended
knowledge.

If anyone out there has an idea on how to interface a softphones with
asterisk, I would appreciate the insight. Insights that explains the
information that asterisk requires to register a softphone, details in the
headers of every sent packets, and received packets, how to send
instructions to asterisk to hangup a call, divert or forward, etc.

Any insight is valued.

Regards
Kevin