[asterisk-doc] How to write new application for Asterisk by using C

Randy Resnick randulo at ssl-mail.com
Wed Jul 19 08:56:17 MST 2006

>   I'll create a section in the docs for it.  Randy -- maybe you can throw
>   together a quick doc about the things you learned?  5 paragraphs?  I'll
>   edit and put it into the DocBook format and put it in the docs.

Would that it were (or something)

I didn't learn anything except how to hack together an app, place it in
the makefile and use it in asterisk. Shortly after this major triumph,
functions and math became way more powerful and I haven't added it since.

So, to sum up, all I know is to copy the skeleton and hack :)

Actually, allthat's needed would be a "bridge" between source and make
where an experienced asterisk developper runs through the various calls
to functions to register, unregister (ya, those were easy) and get args
from the stack, etc.