[asterisk-doc] Web-based Documentation -- Need Help

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Wed Jul 12 09:46:07 MST 2006

Guys --

I've put a lot of work and effort into the web-based documentation, but as
of late nobody has offered to help (other than a translation or two).

Is asterisk-docs dead?

I know we all have our own stuff to do, as do I, but if you're on this
list, there's a reason.

Can I get some help?  I'll get SVN access for whomever will help, but I
need some backup here.

The current code:

     http://mph.gotdns.com:82/manual/en/

Items needing expansion:

     * Getting Started -- make a better tutorial
     * Installation -- Make sure it is accurate
     * Language Reference -- Could be expanded a bit, add AEL in
     * Config File Ref -- Needs to include all possible config files
     * Features
     * Application Reference -- Not 100% done, but getting there.
     * Asterisk Internals -- how does Asterisk work?  Maybe get a guest
       developer to write and we'll edit?
     * FAQ -- pretty weak right now.

Like Ian or Ira said earlier, the Book is great, but we need to build a
reference manual.

The system is DocBook-based, and most of the code is stolen from php.net
(see http://php.net/manual/en/).

I don't know how it all works, and the search stuff doesn't work yet.  I'm
confident we can get it there, but I need help.

Beckman